Note: This item may only be sold by an authorised local dealer, therefore unfortunately this item cannot be shipped.
Alpinestars Tech-Air 5 Airbag Vest
Alpinestars has been redefining protection for motorcyclists since its inception in 1963, and now launches the brand new Tech-Air® 5 autonomous motorbike airbag system. Tech-Air® 5 is the latest addition to the Alpinestars Tech-Air® family, which includes the Tech-Air® Race and Tech-Air® Street systems. Alpinestars continues to lead the way in active airbag technology for riders and their passengers.
A new software update for the Tech-Air 5 is available in the Alpinestars Tech-Air app! With this software update, the RACE RIDING MODE has now been introduced.
The Tech-Air 5 is delivered in STREET RIDING MODE by default.
First, the Tech-Air App must be updated to the latest version (this normally happens automatically, unless the automatic App updates are deactivated).
Then open the App and select the Settings and the Software item there. As soon as the Tech-Air 5 waistcoat is switched on and the system is paired with the app, the system software can be updated in the app via this item.
After the update, you as a rider will see the new option „Riding Modes“ in the app settings and can switch between STREET and RACE Mode.
Please note that „RACE RIDING Mode“ MUST be used for closed-course riding and cannot be used for any other type of riding!!!
- Tech-Air® 5 is a slim, self-contained, wearable airbag waistcoat that can be worn under any fitted textile jacket or Tech-Air compatible jacket.
- Tech-Air® 5 provides unrivalled upper body protection and protects motorcyclists by uniquely covering the rider's shoulders, chest, ribs and entire back.
- Shoulder protection is critical in a road collision: the rider's shoulders are uniquely protected by Tech-Air®, minimising the risk of shoulder and collarbone injuries.
- Integrated sensors: As soon as an accident situation is detected, a protective airbag is triggered, providing unrivalled protection for the rider with a maximum inflation time of 40 ms.
- The impact absorption when wearing the airbag leads to a reduction in impact force of up to 93% compared to a passive protector.
- The system is also extremely easy to use: Simply zip up the waistcoat and close the magnetic flap, and you're ready to go
- The state-of-the-art Tech-Air® 5 wearable waistcoat features an active electronic system with six integrated sensors (3 gyroscopes and 3 accelerometers) and a crash algorithm that uses AI to monitor exactly when to deploy the airbag in a crash. It was developed from years of research with the world's best MotoGP rider and Alpinestars customer, data from millions of kilometres and thousands of accidents have been analysed to constantly improve the intelligent crash detection algorithm.
- Tech-Air® 5 has Bluetooth connectivity and an associated Tech-Air® app that displays the system's operating status, battery status and a detailed analysis of a ride via the rider's smartphone.
- Lithium-ion battery with 30 hours of runtime.
- An LED indicator shows the operating status of the airbag.
- The Systen is equipped with a magnetic micro USB charger.
Good to know:
- After deployment, the waistcoat must be sent in, as only trained personnel are allowed to take care of the repair of the gas cartridges - deployment service 299,95 EUR
- Every two years the waistcoat should be sent in for maintenance - maintenance service 99,95 EUR